Saturday, 25 June 2011
Adventures in blogging
I found the process of creating this blog very straightforward, and now that I've finally found some time to play around with the design, I'm a lot happier with how it looks. I've selected a background that seems more appropriate for the blog title I'm using, and I've made some alterations to fonts and text colours etc. I've added search and link gadgets, and moved all the gadgets around a bit. I found all this fairly easy to accomplish, and I particularly appreciate the previews you get of each slight change you make, so you can decide what works best before applying it more permanently. It is also quite easy to reverse any changes you make. The potential for tweaking and altering things is huge and could easily occupy you for hours. Whether that is the best use of anyone's time is debatable, but the flexibility of Blogger does provide enormous scope for crafting something very unique and personal. It also means that your blog can shift and change over time, either to reflect changes in your mood and world view, or just to incorporate new things you encounter. I've noted, for example, that there are gadgets for RSS feeds and Twitter, so I expect I'll be adding those and probably others to my blog as I progress through the rest of the 23 things. Overall, my experience of blogging has so far been very positive, if a bit inwardly focused. My next task is to turn my gaze outwards, to the blogs of others, and start commenting!
Labels:
Blogger,
Extra Thing Week 1,
Thing 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment