Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Doodle's a doddle!

Doodle is very easy to use, and it's particularly nice that you don't need to register to use the basic functions. Keeping track of what usernames and passwords you have used for which account can be taxing, so I'm always grateful when I don't need to create one. It is also good that you get emailed as each person replies, so you can keep track of how the poll is progressing. I'm assuming that if there is no conclusive result - eg two dates are equally popular - you might still have to contact people separately or run the poll again with alternative times/dates, so it can't remove all the potential hassle of organising an event, but it is definitely better than going back and forth with email messages.
I don't personally organise that many meetings or events at work, so I'm not sure I really have a great need for Doodle at the moment, but it is certainly a useful tool to have available.
I had a little play around, and created the poll shown below:

Teddy bear's picnic poll
 You can see a bigger image of the poll here. If you go into the woods on the 23rd of July, you'd better go in disguise!

1 comment:

  1. I used a doodle poll to schedule freshers library tools. Worked well

    ReplyDelete