Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Reflections

A flock of sneaky water drops, by Steve took it
Since I had very little to say for myself at the Cam23 2.0 reflection week meetup on Monday, I thought I had better use my blog to express my thoughts about the programme so far.
Most of what we have explored to date has been entirely new to me - I've been a bit slow to explore social media in general, although I did briefly have a sadly neglected LiveJournal account at one stage. I've enjoyed getting to grips with lots of new stuff, and also reading the blogs of other people following the programme, although I haven't got into the habit of commenting much yet. Highlights include discovering LightShot and Screencast-O-Matic, which will definitely be useful in a work context and which I have already recommended to friends and family. I'm still feeling my way with Twitter, but will keep exploring it. I've used my iGoogle page more than I expected, and am trying to keep up with the blogs I've added to Google Reader, but finding the time isn't easy.
Google docs and Evernote have already been useful as places to save thoughts and images to use in this blog, and I will continue to use them. I don't really need to use Doodle at present, but will remember it for possible future use. So far, my paper diary and Outlook email are winning the battle against Google Calendar.

The only thing I don't like and definitely won't be using again is Pushnote, for the reasons given in my previous post.

Roll on the next 12 things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't get chance to talk to you on Monday, with a long table like that you always tend to end up speaking to the people next to you!

    Glad you're enjoying the Things so far, I literally can't believe we're just about halfway through already...

    ReplyDelete