Sunday, 21 August 2011

Flickr: pictures galore

I love browsing Flickr and have already used images sourced from there to brighten up this blog. Now I've been introduced to ImageCodr, I'll probably use a lot more. It makes it so simple to attribute them properly! I quite often search Flickr via the Behold search engine, which only includes the higher quality images. It can also be set to return only those images that are free to use. Below is one of the results it threw up for the search term "fantasy". It is actually of an ice hotel, but looks very ethereal.

HDR-Ice-Hotel by Etolane, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic License  by  Etolane

I then searched for "space" and got some menacing aliens:


On a more serious note, I have lately been sadly remiss in finding new pictures to promote our Global warming collection, so this is the perfect opportunity to renew the hunt. Here are a couple of good images I've found already:

Global Warming. The Earth became the new by Cherrylynx, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License  by  Cherrylynx

Earth Egg by AZRainman, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License  by  AZRainman

I'm sure there are many more relevant images out there, so I'll have to make revamping the global warming web pages and posters my next project!

2 comments:

  1. Aah yes, Behold is pretty useful, I'd forgotten about it though! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture of the earth cracking. I have not used Behold but will give it a go

    ReplyDelete