Sunday, 28 August 2011

More reflections

Well, it's Week 10, and I'm still just about managing to keep up, so things can't be going too badly. I haven't been very good at replying to comments left on my blog though, so I need to resolve to be more responsive in future. Thanks to those who have made comments so far.


I think the Things I've most enjoyed exploring since the last reflection week are LibraryThing, Flickr and podcasts. It was very nice to have a good excuse to browse lots of interesting images and videos, and signing up to LibraryThing made me appreciate that there was a lot more to it than an opportunity to catalogue the books on my shelves. Looking forwards, the Things coming up are mostly unfamiliar to me, although I have used Wordle,  and did at one stage use a wiki to edit our library webpages. QR codes meant nothing to me at first, but when I googled the term, I realised that I was vaguely aware of them, but just hadn't registered what they were called. I'm now looking forward to finding out more about them in Week 13.
I can't deny that it is nice to have the end of the programme in sight, but I do recognise that things won't stop there - the world of social media is constantly changing and knowledge can quickly become outdated. Keeping track of this online world will have to be an ongoing commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment